i am a makeup fiend... as some of you may already know, i spend a hefty part of my extra money on makeup. i consider it some sort of therapy. this month, i bought a good amount of makeup, upscale and drugstore, and have sorted out my favorites among (many of) the products!
1. MAC's Shaping Powder in Emphasize
2. MAC's Alpine Bronze Mineralize Blush
3. MAC's Melba Blush
4. MAC's Mineralized Skinfinish in Stereo Rose*
5. MAC 208 Angled Brow Brush*
6. MAC 266 Small Angle Brush*
7. Hourglass No. 28 Primer Serum*
8. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light*
9. NARS Light Reflecting Pressed Setting Powder*
10. Real Techniques Buffing Brush and Expert Face Brush
11. Make Up For Ever HD Foundation in N115*
* a full review is in the works!
here's a small breakdown of all items mentioned above...
1-3. i won't go into too much detail here, but MAC's Shaping Powder in Emphasize, MAC's Alpine Bronze Mineralize Blush and MAC's Melba blush have all been integrated into my daily routine... & i still love them all! check out my review of them all here
4. MAC's Mineralized Skinfinish in Stereo Rose was a little gem i picked up when it was re-released in the Apres-Chic Collection. unfortunately it is sold out, just like it had within minutes in 2010. although i need to use a light hand with this corally-golden because of my pale-ness, it is quite the beauty!
5-6. while we are on the topic of MAC, i bought two brushes of theirs that i have been dying to try! i got the 208 Angled Brow Brush and the 266 Small Angle Brush. keep an eye out for a review of both these brushes and a new lipstick i picked up!
7-8. Hourglass has been one of my favorite brands for years and years. i remember my love for their tinted moisturizer and their duo eye shadows, which apply like butter. well, i love my face primers so i just HAD to try Hourglass' No. 28 Primer Serum. my skin has been rather dry so i picked this baby up after some great reviews from different bloggers, as well as its promise for a "ultra-hydrating and nutrient-rich primer and serum infused with 28 beneficial ingredients to nurture your skin." SOLD! i'm lovin' this primer/serum and recommend it to anyone who is suffering from dry skin. Hourglass also just released their Spring Collection & ever since i first heard word of their Ambient Lighting Powder, i knew i had to get my hands on it! oh.my.god. this powder is amazing. i ordered it in "Diffused Light" (the consensus around the blog-o-sphere concluded this was one of the better ones) and couldn't be happier.
9. NARS Light Reflecting Pressed Setting Powder is also a new product for the Spring, and also a product i have had my eye on before it even released! unfortunately, it had sold out online immediately, so i had to venture to the nearest Sephora and grab it. NARS currently does not have it for sale on their website (they do have the loose version), but Sephora does have it in stock still!
10. Real Techniques brushes have become my go-to to apply anything from foundation, highlighter, concealer, face powder, blush, you name it! Samantha & Nicole Chapman, or "Pixiwoo" on YouTube, are two lovely sisters who have developed these brushes after years of makeup tutorials online. in fact, they are my favorite to watch! i have the entire set of brushes, and although they are all fabulous, the two i really find myself using the most are their Buffing Brush and the Expert Face Brush. i tend to use the Buffing Brush as a finisher for my foundation as well as to apply powder. the Expert Face Brush is perfect to apply foundation, if you want a little bit more coverage. i bought these at Harmon Discount, but you can purchase at Ulta!
11. my last product is the Make Up For Ever HD Foundation in N115. i have been wanting to try this foundation for the longest time, so i picked this baby up on my last Sephora trip! very nice formula and a smooth finish :)
that's all for now, keep an eye out for those reviews! ;)